So how many, really?
Al Smith
2004-01-24 00:49:36 UTC
I just throught I'd post a non-spam message to this newsgroup. As
a novelty.

I'm still trying to learn how many eyes Cthulhu has. Lovecraft's
illustration of the Big Guy shows him with three eyes, but it
isn't clear to me if they are meant by Lovecraft to be on one side
of Chewy's face, or if he is meant to have only three eyes in
total. If they are on one side of his face, he must have six eyes,
assuming bilateral symmetry, which we may assume from his body
structure.

So, which is it? Three eyes, or six? My inquiring mind wants to know.
Gregory L. Hansen
2004-01-24 01:46:33 UTC
Post by Al Smith
I just throught I'd post a non-spam message to this newsgroup. As
a novelty.
I'm still trying to learn how many eyes Cthulhu has. Lovecraft's
illustration of the Big Guy shows him with three eyes, but it
isn't clear to me if they are meant by Lovecraft to be on one side
of Chewy's face, or if he is meant to have only three eyes in
total. If they are on one side of his face, he must have six eyes,
assuming bilateral symmetry, which we may assume from his body
structure.
So, which is it? Three eyes, or six? My inquiring mind wants to know.
I don't know how many eyes, but bilateral symmetry seems kind of
anthropomorphic, too pleasing to the human mind.
--
"We don't grow up hearing stories around the camp fire anymore about
cultural figures. Instead we get them from books, TV or movies, so the
creatures" -- Rebecca Tushnet
Al Smith
2004-01-24 03:29:27 UTC
Post by Gregory L. Hansen
I don't know how many eyes, but bilateral symmetry seems kind of
anthropomorphic, too pleasing to the human mind.
Don't blame me, Lovecraft described him, and drew a picture of
him. Cthulhu's got two wings, two arms, two legs. Maybe he's got
three eyes in the middle of his head, but maybe he's got three
eyes on each side of his face. Lovecraft's drawing is not clear on
this point. That's what I'm trying to establish, one way or the other.
jeanannd
2004-01-26 08:28:42 UTC
Post by Al Smith
I just throught I'd post a non-spam message to this newsgroup. As
a novelty.
I'm still trying to learn how many eyes Cthulhu has. Lovecraft's
illustration of the Big Guy shows him with three eyes, but it
isn't clear to me if they are meant by Lovecraft to be on one side
of Chewy's face, or if he is meant to have only three eyes in
total. If they are on one side of his face, he must have six eyes,
assuming bilateral symmetry, which we may assume from his body
structure.
So, which is it? Three eyes, or six? My inquiring mind wants to know.
And is the big guy into interspecies dating.....humanoid woman want to know.
;)
--
^ ^
Post by Al Smith
"< jeanannd
/ I \ /
\ / I \/
Al Smith
2004-01-26 22:42:01 UTC
Post by jeanannd
And is the big guy into interspecies dating.....humanoid woman want to know.
;)
-- ^ ^ >"< jeanannd / I \ / \ / I \/
I might be ... for the right alien female, but only if she evokes
eldrich horror and knows how to ululate.
Morpheus
2004-01-27 01:58:16 UTC
Post by Al Smith
Post by jeanannd
And is the big guy into interspecies dating.....humanoid woman want to know.
;)
-- ^ ^ >"< jeanannd / I \ / \ / I \/
I might be ... for the right alien female, but only if she evokes
eldrich horror and knows how to ululate.
They always say that but they still end up going for the ones with the
biggest tits.
Al Smith
2004-01-27 04:43:39 UTC
Post by Morpheus
Post by Al Smith
Post by jeanannd
And is the big guy into interspecies dating.....humanoid woman want to
know.
Post by Al Smith
Post by jeanannd
;)
-- ^ ^ >"< jeanannd / I \ / \ / I \/
I might be ... for the right alien female, but only if she evokes
eldrich horror and knows how to ululate.
They always say that but they still end up going for the ones with the
biggest tits.
Well, that too, of course. Or perhaps four.