Interesting Link
Izzy
2003-09-04 20:16:50 UTC
I was surfing the web and found this link:

http://www.guildofsorcery.com/essays/the_validity_of_the_necronomicon/index.html

Thought he had a point here:

BUTÂ… is it Lovecraft's Necronomicon? NO!

What it is, is a book that has a usable system of Occultism within
itself but is merely called The Necronomicon by a dead businessman as
a way of marketing the book! Now genius, do you see what I've been
building up to all this time? Stop your damn shouting about its
validity!

It is NOT a book of fake magic nor is it an unusable system! It is
modern grimoire penned by Slater and (most likely) several of his
cronies to make a buck or two. But he did know enough about Ritual
Magic to make it a workable system. THAT, my friend, is exactly what
it IS!

////////////////////////

At least the guy's not saying it is the genuine work of Lovecraft.

What do you think?

Izzy
Daniel Harms
2003-09-06 00:29:16 UTC
http://www.guildofsorcery.com/essays/the_validity_of_the_necronomicon/index.

[snip]
Post by Izzy
At least the guy's not saying it is the genuine work of Lovecraft.
What do you think?
I think some people would nonetheless disagree with some of his
Post by Izzy
The Simon Necronomicon IS a book of Summerian [sic] & Babylonian
magic

For example, this person thinks it's a fake:

No, wait! That's the same guy who wrote the article!

At any rate, I wish Mr. Fox - or Moloch 969 - the best of luck in
selling pirated copies of the Necronomicon Spellbook for $65.

Yrs.,

Dan Harms
http://www.necfiles.org/