Necronomicon Files - Publication and Book Signing
Daniel Harms
2003-08-08 03:10:02 UTC
The Necronomicon - one of the most quietly influential literary hoaxes
of the twentieth century. Most Lovecraft fans have been involved in a
Necronomicon debate, or met those who think "it's all real!" People
won't stop talking about it, but those debates never seem to go
anywhere.

Until now, that is.

The Necronomicon Files by Daniel Harms and John Wisdom Gonce III is a
new book from Weiser. Movies and magick, horror and humor, mythology
and murder - all of these come together in The Necronomicon Files.
Painstakingly researched, the original hardcover edition sells for
hundreds of dollars. Now you can pick up the revised version for
$26.95 at your local bookstore.

Necronomicon Files Book Signing
Needful Things Bookstore, Nashville
Aug. 30th. 2003 - Sep. 1st. 2003
10-5 Saturday, 10-5 Sunday and Monday

Now get your softcover for $26. 95, and meet the authors at a special
event! Buy an autographed copy, swap stories with the authors, and
hear explanations of why reading page 305 is perfectly safe.

(On Saturday, John Gonce III will sign books. On Sunday and Monday,
Dan Harms and John Gonce will sign books. )

Event Location: 524 Third Ave. South , Nashville tn 37210

Directions: 1. Get to I-40 in Nashville. If uncertain, check out
Mapquest or another website for driving directions., 2. Take I-40 to
the 2nd Ave and 4th Ave exit : US-31A S/ 2ND AVE/US-41A S/ 4th AVE
exit- exit number 210C., 3. Turn RIGHT onto 2ND AVE SOUTH. , 4. Turn
LEFT onto ELM ST., 5. Turn RIGHT onto 3RD AVE S., 6. Stay on 3RD AVE
until LEA AVE. NEEDFUL THINGS is at the corner of THIRD AVE and LEA.,
, If you want free parking, turn RIGHT on LEA, and you will see the
American Executive Center parking lot on your left. Turn LEFT into the
parking lot. If you walk around the corner from the parking lot you
are at 524-A THIRD AVE SOUTH, which is the location of NEEDFUL THINGS.
Just walk through the big archway.

Phone: (615) 256-1970

Yrs.,

Dan Harms
http://www.necfiles.org/
someguy
2003-08-12 03:06:27 UTC
If, as you claim, "...reading page 305 is perfectly safe...", then why the
indemnity disclaimer on the copyright page?!?

For those not fortunate enough to already have a copy of this book, I quote:

"The authors and Red Wheel/Weiser assume no liability for damages resulting
from the use of information or instructions contained herein."

Are you possibly worried that someone is going to botch one of the
invocations and call up Cthulhu when they really meant to call up
Yog-Sothoth, and then turn around and sue the authors and/or publishers
because their house was destroyed by a rampaging Elder God?

Does homeowners insurance even cover damage caused by Acts of Elder Gods?

I guess I had never considered the Goetic implications of product liability
law before...you just can't be too careful these days.