The "new" Necronomicon
Dan Clore
2005-02-02 10:35:17 UTC
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0738706272/qid=1107305617/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-4168315-1995052?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Donald Tyson is better known in the pagan community as Llewellyn, the
author of the "Llewellyn's Witch Caldndar" you see in every calendar
store at the mall every year. Evidently he's decided to cash in on
the ongoing popularity of our favorite tentacle-faced Ultimate Evil,
and he's trying the old gyp that the Necronomicon was supposedly a
"real" book. I like the way the Amazon listing for this book notes,
"Tyson embellishes this core material with the sort of astrologic and
mystical content that Lovecraft himself considered nonsense."
Looks like this one is admittedly, openly fictional, at
least. It might even be fun.

And my page falls even further out-of-date--
--
Dan Clore

Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/

Dan Clore
2005-02-02 10:37:41 UTC
In truth this would be termed the LATEST "new" Necronomicon. I've see
three completely different ones in paperback over the years, and they
ALL would have shamed Lovecraft. But then I understand he was an easily
shamed fellow.
These incredibly rare texts seem to multiply the same way as
Christian relics. You could build a Noah's ark out of all
the pieces of the True Cross around, and fill countless
used-bookstores with these highly secret texts.